Friday, March 25, 2005

CDs recieved

So my three CDs arrived today. They’re Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by Wilco, Sleeping With the Ghost by Placebo, and Elva from Unwritten Law. A rather odd mix, wouldn’t you say? And none of them are new releases. But when you sign up for BMG music service this is to be expected…they only carry the really mainstream CDs, plus random obscure ones that I’ve never heard of. I mean, they have two albums from the Moldy Peaches. That’s pretty…lo fi. Actually that’s incredibly lo fi. And they don’t have American Idiot. I mean, come on, Grammy winner, best seller…but it doesn’t matter because I already have a burned copy…and it’s not as good as I expected it to be, even if I already heard it broadcasted on the radio twice. Oh, and Boulevard of Broken Dreams is really getting on my nerves. It used to be a good song, now I hear it and I turn off the TV or radio or whatever. But I guess that just proves that Green Day isn’t my favorite band…no matter how many times they play any Jimmy Eat World song, I still smile and sing along.

Speaking of new releases, I’m so, so, so excited for the new Beck album coming out at the end of the month. I’ve heard E-Pro a bunch of times, and one of the cool mp3 blogs (I’ll have to look up which one) posted a track that was only available on the Japanese import version, and it sounds really awesome. I’m looking forward to Mae’s new album too. They’re one of those pretty, indie pop punkish bands that you can’t help but love. And I remember reading a while ago that the new Ataris album was coming out Aprilish, but I just checked their websites and it’s not going to be due till late summer. I definitely won’t have a lack of releases to look forward to. Like the Foo Fighter’s double album…that is probably going to be amazing.

Foo Fighters reminded me of Coachella. There is actually a pretty good chance that I might be going…probably only for one day and probably not Sunday, which appears to have more bands I like, but Coachella is Coachella.

I think I need to make my entries a lot shorter…so I’ll leave off (since I’m discussing CDs today) with a wish for The Decemberists’s CD, which came out on Tuesday and which I don’t have. I want it…but not more than Beck. Mae is debatable. I’ll see if I can get my hands on it. I think “Engine Driver” has my favorite lyrics ever: “I am a writer, writer of fictions…”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home